- 10:21 am Thursday, July 26th, 2018 by Staff
Should Suffolk County Residents Get A Break On LIRR Fares?
The LIRR is looking to raise their fares by 4 percent in 2019.
MTA Board member Mitchell Pally says it isn’t fair to Suffolk residents.
Pally said “We charge them more because we charge by distance, even though they live in less-wealthy areas,”
“That, to me, is a public policy decision that has to be reconsidered . . . I understand why it is. It’s not fair to my constituents,”
According to census data Suffolk’s median income is $12,000 less than Nassau’s.
Suffolk commuters pay as much as $6,000 a year for their LIRR passes.
Do you think it’s [More]
- 9:58 am Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 3:37 pm Tuesday, July 24th, 2018 by Joe Rock
Chris Robinson Talks Brotherhood Show At Stereo Garden And Responds To His Brother’s Recent Comments
- 12:35 am Tuesday, July 24th, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 9:38 am Saturday, July 21st, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 4:09 pm Friday, July 20th, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 1:32 pm Friday, July 20th, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 1:16 am Friday, July 20th, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 1:51 am Thursday, July 19th, 2018 by Joe Rock
- 3:48 pm Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 by Joe Rock